Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Neem Leaf

Sour as I may be
Perched on a good old tree
Flanked by many a berry
Here i tell my story

Was a green day up there
My first to prepare
For those hues
Who would give me my blues

Or so I thought
Till i saw the gathered lot
Rich in colours
Poured down from different fillers

Bright were they
Calling the Sun their way
And so did they make hay
And never called it a day

Did i hear them giggle
While I was contemplating the bubble
Did i lose my temper
For no good a reason I remember?

Did I give them shade
From the heat the heavens made?
Did I ever refuse
When asked to share my hues?

They came not on a single palette
And blue was not their colour favourite
So much for my fears
Of being consumed like by deers

I see them giggling,
And for once I am not thinking.

I still am a sour leaf
But with a different belief

Adieu my hues..

16 March 2010
Dedicated to Leena Kami, Aditi Krithika, Tenzin Lhekmon, Bharath, Domnic Vivek and Jigme Dorjee

1 comment:

Anand Mathew Kurien said...

Lovely da!... Why didn't you tell me you wrote this?