Saturday, August 23, 2008

A restart

It has been more than year since I have spent some time to sit and scribble some random thoughts..
The person who has read me the most is I. Read and re-read, my short and "amateurish" writings -there aren't many- get the feel that they are some sort of classics.

Last year, this time I was lecturing nonsense to a bunch of young minds in Chennai (Madras). Of late I heard that they are thanking the invisible yet invincible power of the world that has taken the appropriate measures to make sure that the dosage of nonsense they used to receive has come down to the sea-level.

Come this year, and what the hell am I up to? Stuck in one corner of the world in a refrigerated space looking into POts of numbers and numbers and numbers which ought to represent portals of Human Knowledge- acquired, generated, inspired and sometimes flicked. Yeah that’s what I have been up to of-late. And all the while I have to act as if I am doing something that can trigger a nuclear war on the other side of the Globe. But I’m doing nothing so violent and may be nothing so important. All I am doing is “Arranging some books in the shelves of a Library” (sounds noble enough) and sometimes throwing some books away. Don’t ask me why!!! “I was just told to do so.”

No comments: